Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Real life Calligraphy

Today I'm gonna share some of my calligraphy work to give you guys some idea what we can do with it.
Usually, I use calligraphy things for special events such as celebrating birthday.
However, you can do whatever you want with your calligraphy skills.






In Korea, we have parents' day instead of Mother's day or Father's day. At that day, we give carnations to our parents. So, I draw two carnations with normal marker pen (like sharpie), and colored with color marker pen.
The special thing about my tool is, I cut my color marker pen from round to diagonal shape. At that time, I was very into making the gradation with colors. To make smooth gradation, I cut my pen.
Don't forget, you can always have various options on your way!








I'm also very interested in drawing, making stuff, especially new things. If there is a chance that I can, I would definitely try that out.
So, this is one of the result that I tried to challenge on new thing. I found cool pop up card template looks like a blooming flower.

It was just a flower pop up card at the very first time and I thought I can put some more work on this plain card. And this is the result!
It did not work out cool as I thought - which is sad for me -, but still I like that effect with my ZIG calligraphy pen. Tried to make that effect as a growing branch or greens but I'm not sure that I did well or not (Hahaha).




I'm pretty sure this is one of my cool work.
I like to use my gold and silver ZIG calligraphy pen - which has metallic effect - on the black paper.
Metallic ZIG calligraphy pen cannot to blending (maybe just for the gold and silver..?) but that's okay I still can deal with cool calligraphy work :)
I focus on small effects rather than big contents. After making a basic format of my work, I do small dots and lines even though that people can hardly see it. I personally think small things makes quality higher - but still, big outline is important too!





These are some of my calligraphy work that I did.
You can use your calligraphy anywhere, and anytime.
Do limits on your use of calligraphy ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment